JOIN US FOR THE PRELUDE OF THE SENIGALLIA BIENNALE, DEDICATED TO THE FIRST 150 YEARS OF PHOTOGRAPHY, 1839-1989, WITH MICHAEL NYMAN AND HIS MUSICIANS. 2-3-4 MAY 2019
Returning in May every even year, the Bienniale celebrates the first 150 years of photography, 1839-1989.
Exhibitions dedicated to history of photography
Conference and Meetings, in English, French, Italian Fairs (galleries, collectors)
Workshops, expert evaluation sessions, A Prize.
The I Biennale, early May 2020, will outline the role of photography in the service of the Arts (Charles Baudelaire), painting, sculpture, dance, pantomime, poetry (Giacomelli).
The prelude, 2-3-4 May 2019 will help precise the directions and create the publications, discuss the research.
During one complete year, from the Prelude till the actual Biennale, May 2019 till May 2020, the general public and visitors will be invited to vote online in order to decide a theme for the next Biennale between a dozen of proposals, exemples :
– Photography records Nature, history of gardens and parks.
– Photography, Urban planning and geography. Memory of the megalopoles, National Geographic. Documentary photography.
– Photography and Police, identification of criminals, crime scenes or missing persons.
– Photography and Science: from the infinitely large till the infinitely small, astronomy.
– Photography and Pleasure, eroticism, gastronomy, Pavlov.
– Photography and Philosophy, in the service of Morality and religion, images can provoke feelings of compassion.
– Photography in the service of Political power or struggle, propaganda, censor, manipulation of emotions, satirical photographs.
– Photography and the Transmission of knowledge, a vaccine against the ravages of conspiracy), photography in the service of curiosity and critical thinking.
– Photography at the service of the Individual, photography within families, carte-de-visite, selfies.
– Photography and War, photographers in the war, registration of war history.
– Photography and the Art Market, history of Art, fakes, documentation, investigations, archeology.
– Photography and Fashion, advertising photographs.
The Senigallia railroad station has been situated since 1861 in front of the medieval palace, Rocca Roveresca, which is 250 meters from the beach and from the Biennale. Partner hotels can be reached by foot.
There are direct trains from Milan, Venice, Bologna and Munich. There are twenty trains each day to Bologna and two to Rome. Bologna has year round air service to most European capitals, and seasonally (Summer) to Philadelphia.
In addition, Situated half way between Senigallia and Ancona (16 and 12 kms), Marche Airport has daily flights from Munich (Lufthansa), Charleroi (Ryanair) and London Stansted (Ryanair). Information for exhibitors, dealers and visitors : SCBS srl
Rome, Margherita Sarli : +39 320 1104711 email@example.com,
Paris, Serge Plantureux : +33 6 50856074 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel Aviv, Raphaël Chicheportiche : email@example.com
EN Senigallia Biennale 2019